The implementation of the Open Government Data strategy comes under the responsibility of the FDHA and more specifically the Federal Statistical Office FSO which is home to the OGD unit. The OGD unit coordinates the opendata.swiss platform and other communication measures and offers both data publishers and users support.
- Juan Pablo Lovato, Head
- Nastassja Schuettel, Coordination and Communication
- Vacancy, Data and Applications
Activities and services of the unit
- Manage and coordinate the development of the opendata.swiss website.
- Define quality criteria for publication and ensure continuous evaluation of their application.
- Promote the coordinated publication of data, while prioritising where possible areas of key political importance.
- Encourage the use of data, in particular by reinforcing exchange between data providers and users.
- Support data providers in the publication of open government data.
- Integrate and develop showcases for open government data.
- Create an overview of the Confederation’s data (“inventory of Confederation data”).
- Coordinate Switzerland’s activities with national (canton, communes, state enterprise, E-Government Suisse, eCH, opendata.ch) and international partners (EU, OECD, OGD-D-A-CH-Li, etc.) in the area of OGD.
- Define and implement use cases for linked data, in particular in the field of statistics.