National accounts and labour productivity

This image leads to more information about: Swiss national accounts and labour productivity in 2018

Swiss national accounts and labour productivity in 2018

The GDP of Switzerland at the previous year’s prices increased by 2.8% in 2018. This sustained growth was in keeping with a favourable environment characterised by a marked recovery in the contribution of foreign trade and strong momentum in the manufacturing industry.

Environmental indicators

This image leads to more information about: Pocket Statistics and environmental indicators 2019

Pocket Statistics and environmental indicators 2019

Around 80% of Swiss drinking water comes from groundwater sources, approximately half of which is spring water. The remaining drinking water is taken from lakes and rivers. The consumption of drinking water in Switzerland has decreased by 20% since 1990.

Structural Business Statistics

This image leads to more information about: Structural Business Statistics STATENT 2017

Structural Business Statistics STATENT 2017

In 2017, there were almost 5.2 million jobs in Switzerland, an increase of 1.2% compared with the previous year. It was mainly large companies that observed the greatest increase in staff numbers.

Empty dwellings

This image leads to more information about: Empty dwellings census of 1 June 2019

Empty dwellings census of 1 June 2019

On 1 June 2019, there were 75 323 empty dwellings in Switzerland. This was 1.66% of the total dwelling stock (including single-family homes). Some 3029 more dwellings were empty than in the previous year.

 

Graph of the Week

This image leads to the Graph of the Week: Employment status of the Swiss resident population aged

Employment status of the Swiss resident population aged

What employment status was most common in Switzerland in 2019? 53.2% of the permanent resident population aged 15 or over were employees. What about the remaining 46.8%? See our graph of the week to find out.

Publications

Show all

Agenda

Show all
This image leads to more information about: Open Government Data

Open Government Data (OGD)

With Switzerland’s new OGD strategy 201923, responsibility for the operational coordination of OGD implementation at Confederation level now lies in the hands of the FSO who have created an office to this effect. Key tasks will be the further development of the reference platform, opendata.swiss, where all open, freely accessible data from the Swiss authorities can easily be found, as well as advice on OGD for data publishers and users.

 

In focus

This image leads to more information about: Experimental statistics: Small Area Estimation

Experimental statistics

Experimental statistics are produced using new methods and/or new data sources.

This image leads to more information about: Statistical social report Switzerland 2019

Statistical social report Switzerland 2019

The 3rd Swiss social statistics report reveals an increasing trend of long-term unemployment and a rise in the number of single-parent households.

This image leads to more information about: Statistical Yearbook and Statistical Data on Switzerland 2019

Statistical Yearbook and Data

The 126th edition of this long-standing publication offers a collection of contemporary data from the 21 topics covered by official statistics.

This image leads to more information about: Mobility and transport, pocket statistics 2018

Mobility and transport: pocket statistics 2018

The brochure “Mobility and transport – Pocket
statistics 2018”  contains the key
facts and figures on transport in Switzerland.

Data Innovation Strategy

Data Innovation Strategy

The FSO has adopted a new data innovation strategy. This constitutes the first response by official statistics to the challenges posed by the digital revolution.

Multi-Annual Programme

Multi-Annual Programme

The multi-annual programme for statistics is a management and planning foundation for the long-term strategy of federal statistics.

Surveys

Swiss Labour Force Survey (SLFS)

The main purpose of the SLFS is to provide information on the structure of the labour force and employment behaviour patterns.

Language, religion and culture survey

The survey on language, religion and culture has the aim of providing statistical information on the current situation and the evolution of practices in these areas.

Swiss Earnings Structure Survey (ESS)

The Swiss Earnings Structure Survey is a written survey, carried out every two years in enterprises in Switzerland.

Remark

Our English pages offer only a limited range of information on our statistical production. For our full range please consult our pages in French and German (top right hand screen).

https://www.bfs.admin.ch/content/bfs/en/home.html