We see data science as a team sport.
The Data Science Competence Center (DSCC) is an international team of scientists with an excellent academic background in various areas of data science, such as data engineering, computer science, software development, business analytics, mathematics, statistics and decision-making.
More specifically, our diverse team has state-of-the-art expertise in:
- High performance computing and big data.
- Machine learning and statistical modelling.
- Causal inference and mediation analysis.
- Computer vision.
- Spatio-temporal data analysis.
- Epidemiology and health data.
- Risk quantification (extreme value analysis, exposure modelling).
- Anomaly detection.
- Feasibility study, resource planning and methodological aspects of a statistical project.
- Advice and methodological support in statistical projects.
- Testing, validation and quality control of statistical methods.
- Communication and interpretation of results.
- Mathematical documentation of the implemented methods according to good practices ensuring the quality, independence and transparency of the published results.
We have a long proven experience in providing services to the public sector and the federal and cantonal offices associated with the Swiss statistical system.
We actively participate in United Nations, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe and Eurostat research project initiatives.
The DSCC offers its services in French, German, Italian and English.