The information below only concern the Business and Enterprise Register.
As of December 1, 2018, the Business and Enterprise Register re-engineering project was concluded. The data contained in the register has been migrated to the new SBER (Swiss Business and Enterprise Register) application.
This project brought two main changes:
- Units that have been deleted for more than 10 years (i.e. before 31.12.2008) have not been migrated to the new SBER application but have been archived.
- The status of the units has been adapted to facilitate the reading of the statutes. Thus, the statutes "inactive" and "fictive" have been deleted and two new statutes have been introduced:
- Active statistical status: the statistical status of a unit is related to the existence (potential or actual) of surveys and statistics that observe that unit.
- Active administrative status: the administrative status of a unit is related to its existence exclusively in registers or administrative partners that observe that unit.
On March 2, 2021 the BER contains 776'205 statistic active local units.
Number of units in BER
Enterprises and local units
Data on the number of units in the BER are regularly updated and posted on this page.
Status of the enterprise units
Statistical active: At least one local unit has the statistical status active.
Unknown: New enterprise/reactivation, it is not know if there is any person employed, its final status, i.e. whether it participates in statistical activities or has an administrative existence only, is not yet known.
Ceased: Ceased entity, this implies the cessation of all units.
Administrative active: Entity that has a purely administrative existence.
Status of the local units
Statistical active: Any local unit active in a type of statistical universe.
Unknown: New local unit/registered takeover, its final status, i. e. whether it has a participation in statistical activities or whether it has a purely administrative existence, is not yet known.
Ceased: Ceased entity.
Administrative active: Any existing unit.
Status of the legal units
The status of the legal units is in line with that used in the UID register.
Administrative active: Any existing unit in an official register.
- For all legal forms that are required to be registered in the Commercial Register (CR): if the unit is deleted from the CR.
- If it has had at least one relationship with a registry or partner and all relationships are ceased.