Collecting data on electronic services on demand or by subscription ESDS (VoD)
The procedure for companies obliged to report is as follows:
1) Make sure that your business is registered at the Federal Office for Culture (FOC) as a company with an obligation to report. If your company is not yet registered please do so as soon as possible at the following link to the FOC:
2) Get your data ready. You can find help on how to prepare your data below, on the information sheet and at the link to detailed information and sample datasheets. Please indicate your company/platform name and the type of ESDS (VoD) on each of your documents.
3) Get any additional documents ready. It is compulsory to provide information about video on demand views in the subscription sector. We would be glad to receive any explanations or comments about your data as this is a pilot survey and additional information could help us to better understand and analyse your data.
4) Please send us your data and any additional documents via your Secure File Transfer (SeFIT) account. You received the access data for SeFIT (login and password) by email (or letter). Link to the Confederation’s SEFIT portal (then click on the left on "Film"):
5) Once you have uploaded the files, please inform us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you very much for your cooperation!
->Survey deadline: April 18th 2019
Please consult the Q&A-Document below if you have any questions or contact us at the following address:
Extended reporting obligation according to Article 16a of the Film Ordinance
On this page companies with an obligation to report in the area of electronic services on demand or by subscription (esds) and the sale of physical media (pm) will find support for the internal recording of data which will begin on 01.01.2017 according to Article 16a of the Film Ordinance. (Original language of documents: German)
If you have any feedback concerning the content of these documents or any questions about the methodology and the requirements of the data to be recorded, please contact the FSO: