The thematic surveys are carried out through random sampling. The statistics from these surveys can be used to add considerable depth to the information from the structural survey. The first results are available one year after the collection of data from the respondents has been concluded.
Characteristics of thematic surveys
- telephone sample survey of 10,000 to 40,000 persons;
- one thematic survey conducted annually;
- cantons and cities can enlarge the sample;
- a repetition of the same theme every five years is planned;
- information on specific themes at the level of Switzerland and the major regions.