The field of politics is a cornerstone of integration. On the one hand it is about the conditions the host society allows and puts into place, because the commitment and participation of foreign nationals depends on the possibility to do so. On the other hand, it involves the acquisition of Swiss citizenship or residence permits (C permit) that can be seen among foreign nationals and trust in political institutions, etc.
- Confidence in the political and judicial systems and in the police
- Crude rate of naturalisation
- Communes, cantons with right to vote and eligibility for foreigners
- Political and civic activities
- Participation in federal votes
- Probability of obtaining a C permit
- Foreigners meeting requirements for naturalisation