Below you will find the definitive legislative texts relevant to the Population Census as well as their respective implementation ordinances.
Data protection and data security are among the most important concerns of the FSO. They are guaranteed by the Federal Statistics Act and the Data Protection Act.
- All information is kept strictly confidential.
- Names and addresses as well as the completed survey documents are destroyed after the data collection phase is completed.
- The data are only used for statistical tasks defined by law.
- The published results do not make it possible to draw any conclusions about the individual circumstances of individual households and persons.
- The employees of the FSO and of participating survey institutions are subject to a duty of confidentiality.