Neuchâtel, 25.07.2016 (FSO) – In 2015, year-on-year construction expenditure rose in nominal terms by 1.4%. Compared with the previous year, investment in building engineering projects increased by 1.7% and in civil engineering projects increased by 2.1%, whereas expenditure on public maintenance work fell. Private investments in new constructions fell for the first time in eight years. These are provisional findings from the 2015 Construction Statistics from the Federal Statistical Office (FSO).
Neuchâtel, 14.07.2016 (FSO) – The Producer and Import Price Index rose in June 2016 by 0.1% compared with the previous month, reaching 99.9 points (base December 2015 = 100). Whereas the Producer Price Index declined by 0.2%, the Import Price Index rose by 0.8%. The slight increase of the overall index is due in particular to higher prices for petroleum products. Compared with June 2015, the price level of the whole range of domestic and imported products fell by 1.0%. These are the findings of the Federal Statistical Office (FSO).
Neuchâtel, 14.07.2016 (FSO) – The Confederation's expenditure on research and development (R&D) increased in 2015 (+4% compared with the previous year). This development can mainly be explained by the increase in R&D grants intended for organisations and international research programmes which fell considerably in 2014. At the same time, the personnel of the Confederation active in research remained stable according to the latest results from the Federal Statistical Office (FSO).
Neuchâtel, 07.07.2016 (FSO) – The Swiss Consumer Price Index (CPI) increased by 0.1% in June 2016 compared with the previous month, reaching 100.7 points (December 2015=100). Inflation was -0.4% in comparison with the same month in the previous year. These are the findings of the Federal Statistical Office (FSO).
Neuchâtel, 05.07.2016 (FSO) – The Swiss hotel industry registered 2.7 million overnight stays in May 2016, which corresponds to a growth of 1.3% (+35,000 overnight stays) compared with May 2015. Domestic visitors recorded 1.1 million overnight stays, representing an increase of 1.9% (+21,000). Foreign demand registered 1.5 million overnight stays, i.e. an increase of 0.9% (+15,000). These are provisional results from the Federal Statistical Office (FSO).
Neuchâtel, 01.07.2016 (FSO) – In 2014 expenditure on social benefits from the Swiss social security system amounted to CHF 157 billion. This corresponds to a 24.5% share of the gross domestic product (GDP). Compared with the previous year, inflation-adjusted expenditure rose by 2.1%. This increase was below the average annual growth rate since 1990 of 3.3%. Since 1990 real expenditure has more than doubled. These are some of the provisional results from the 2014 Total Social Security Accounts of the Federal Statistical Office (FSO).
Neuchâtel, 01.07.2016 (FSO) – Turnover in the retail sector fell by 2.3% in nominal terms in May 2016 compared with the previous year. This decline has been ongoing since January 2015. Seasonally adjusted, nominal turnover fell by 0.1% compared with the previous month. These are provisional findings from the Federal Statistical Office (FSO).
Neuchâtel, 30.06.2016 (FSO) – Births outside marriage, paternity acknowledgements and divorces increased in 2015. There was also a rise in births in general and in deaths. Marriages and registered partnerships declined. These are the definitive findings of the Vital Statistics from the Federal Statistical Office (FSO).
Neuchâtel, 24.06.2016 (FSO) – The strong franc in 2015 made Switzerland less attractive to foreign tourists, whereas holidays abroad maintained their appeal to Swiss residents. Foreign tourists spent CHF 15.7 billion in Switzerland in 2015, 3.4% less than in 2014, while the spending of Swiss tourists abroad remained constant at CHF 15.4 billion (-0.1%). According to initial estimates from the Federal Statistical Office, the tourism balance of payments remained in positive figures at CHF 323 million.
Neuchâtel, 23.06.2016 (FSO) – The construction output price index recorded a drop of 0.5% between October 2015 and April 2016, reaching 99.5 points (base October 2015 = 100). This result reflects a fall in building and civil engineering prices. Year on year, construction prices fell by 0.1% according to the Federal Statistical Office (FSO).